A combination of the normal aging process in your skin, sun exposure and the effects of gravity could result to wrinkle formation. Apart from making you look old, the appearance of wrinkles also has a profound impact on one’s self-esteem. Here at our San Francisco cosmetic surgery practice, men and women share their sentiments regarding CONTINUE READING
View the magazine article pdf
View the magazine article pdf.
While many women turn to the likes of breast augmentation for a boost for their natural figure they want to find comfort in their bodies the best they can without cosmetic surgery. Breast augmentation is the best solution to add volume, size and shape for women’s breasts, but most women do not think about keeping CONTINUE READING
We all know that Thanksgiving brings the endless possibilities of food that we get to indulge with. Though we cannot go too overboard, which we still need to look out for our figure. However, the benefit about going back to the dinner table for a second helping may enhance our skin. So this year while CONTINUE READING
Looking in a mirror one day and saying to oneself, “My face looks so much older than I feel. How can I do something about it?” triggers a process of self analysis, investigation of (many) surgical and non-surgical options, and several difficult decisions. Not the least of these is deciding how best to spend your resources to best effect. It’s important to determine which of your facial features currently draw the most attention to your face and how those features could be improved.
- Were your eyes once your most attractive feature but now they appear tired or drawn?
- Were your cheeks once firm and rosy but now sag and appear hollow?
- When once your smile lifted at the corners, does it now struggle against folds of skin at each side of your mouth?
- Does your once smooth and defined jawline appear soft and droopy?
Pull out the family albums and examine photographs of your face over the past ten years (or more) to help you decide what you can gracefully accept in the aging process and what bothers you the most.
Set Goals and Find a Partner
Whether you decide it’s your facial lines and wrinkles, forehead and brow, eyes, nose, jaw or chin, set some priorities or goals before you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. That will enable you to target your questions and make the best use of the information your surgeon will give you. Take your photographs with you.
Be prepared to learn about an amazing array of surgical and non-surgical procedures and products to choose from. Make your surgeon your partner in deciding what would best achieve your objectives.
Yes, but it will depend entirely on variables unique to your situation. The extent of the wrinkling will play a factor, as well as your age and the results you are looking for. The best course of action is to schedule a consult to discuss your options and decide the best treatment options for your situation.
Cosmetic surgery enhancement has been around for a long time – but like the pace of modern life in the Bay Area, treatment times keep getting faster and faster. So fast that a number of procedures can even be completed over your lunch break.
Unwanted hair, uneven skin tone, fine lines and even wrinkles can be erased in hour or less with almost no downtime. Below we’ve identified four of the most popular “lunch-break” procedures:
Frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead wrinkles can all be remedied through Botox. Botox is a trade name for botulinum toxin A, a neurotoxin that blocks the signals that normally tell your muscles to contract. The result is wrinkle-free skin for three to six months.
Prior to treatment, the skin is cleansed and the injection sites are marked. In cosmetic surgery, a thin needle is then used to inject Botox beneath the surface of the skin. The results will begin to appear gradually over the course of a week. Repeat treatments will be needed to maintain results long term.
Restylane, Juvederm, Sculptra and other dermal fillers popular in the Bay Area can effectively treat contour irregularities, thin lips, hollow cheeks and facial wrinkles. The results are only temporary, but some dermal fillers provide results for more than year.
Similar to Botox, treatment begins after the face has been cleansed and injection sites have been marked. In some cosmetic surgery cases, a topical anesthetic may be used to minimize injection pain. Immediately following treatment, the skin may be a little swollen, but results should be visible right away.
Microdermabrasion is a powerful form of mechanical exfoliation gaining popularity in the Bay Area. Fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone, age spots and superficial acne scarring can all see improvements from microdermabrasion.
A certified practitioner uses a diamond-tipped wand during cosmetic surgery to carefully remove the uppermost layer of dead skin cells from the face, chest and hands. Results can be seen after a single treatment – however a series of treatments is generally recommended. A typical treatment protocol will include six sessions spaced 10-14 days apart.
Intense pulse therapy – otherwise known as an IPL Photofacial – can rejuvenate the skin by reducing signs of sun damage, fine wrinkles, age spots, broken capillaries and skin redness common in the Bay Area. Treatments are especially effective for evening out skin tone on the face, chest, neck and hands.
During treatment, a surgeon will use a handheld device to apply pulses of light to the treatment area. The light penetrates through the surface of the skin to target problem areas. A cooling mask is then applied to the skin, followed by high-quality sunblock. Optimal results are achieved over the course of three to five treatments spaced three weeks apart.
Learn More About Lunch-Time Cosmetic Surgery Treatments
Before you choose to undergo a procedure in the Bay Area, make sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. During your consultation, you’ll have to opportunity to discuss your goals, the procedure’s risks and benefits and the type of results you can expect.
In today’s fiercely competitive job market, more men are seeking out cosmetic enhancement to give them a career boost. And while men are selecting some of the very same treatments women have embraced for years, they’re doing so for different reasons.
Laser Hair Removal
It’s not a huge surprise that especially in San Francisco; men are looking for faster, more efficient ways to get rid of unwanted hair. Laser hair removal has become a popular way to eliminate or thin out hair on the back, upper arms and chest.
• Best candidates: Laser hair removal technology will work for most patients. But generally speaking, the best candidates will have lighter skin and darker hair.
• How long it takes: Session times can vary, depending on the size of the treatment area. The majority of treatments can be completed in less than an hour.
• Final Results: Hair will begin to gradually fall out over the course of two weeks. Most patients require between four and six sessions to see a 70 to 80 percent reduction in hair growth.
Male Breast Reduction
Enlarged or over-developed breasts are common among men. As a result, male breast reduction – which removes excess skin, fat and glandular tissue – is becoming one of the fastest growing cosmetic procedures in San Francisco.
• Best candidates: Men who feel self-conscious about their chest. The best candidates will be healthy and possess a normal body weight.
• How long it takes: Surgery requires general or local anesthesia combined with sedation and will last at least one hour.
• Final Results: The final results will be permanent. Most patients need require at least a week off from work and other sedentary activities. More strenuous routines should be restricted for at least a week.
The chin is one of the first areas of the face to show signs of aging – which can be especially bothersome for men who value a strong jawline. Chin implants can quickly add balance and strength to a masculine profile.
• Best candidates: Men who desire a stronger jawline or more balanced facial features. The best candidates are also healthy and possess realistic expectations.
• How long it takes: Chin implants usually only require local anesthesia combined with sedation. Surgery is often completed in less than hour.
• Final Results: The final results are permanent and will be noticeable right away, but most patients need at least a week off from work and other daily activities to rest. Exercise and weight lifting should be avoided for at least a month.
Micro liposuction is a versatile procedure popular in San Francisco that can be used to clean up delicate problem areas like the neck or jawline, which can become lax because of excess fat or too much sun exposure. During micro liposuction, a small amount of fat is removed to contour the face and body.
• Best candidates: Candidates for micro liposuction desire to remove a small amount of fat in a targeted region. The best candidates are healthy and possess realistic expectations.
• How long it takes: Surgery usually only requires mild sedation and can be completed in less than an hour.
• Final results: The final results will be long lasting, if not permanent. Most patients require five to seven days off from work. More strenuous activities can be resumed in about a month.
If you’re considering laser hair removal, male breast reduction, micro liposuction, or chin implants in San Francisco, make sure to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.
In today’s fiercely competitive job market, more men are seeking out cosmetic enhancement to give them a career boost. And while men are selecting some of the very same treatments women have embraced for years, they’re doing so for different reasons. Laser Hair Removal It’s not a huge surprise that especially in San Francisco; men CONTINUE READING