“It is very satisfying for me to enhance the lives of other people, and help them make an optimistic change that will serve them for years to come.”
— Dr. Mosser
- November 2005 — Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- October 2007 — Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- June 2004 — Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship with John Q. Owsley, MD, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, CA
- June 2003 — Plastic Surgery Fellowship (3 years), University Hospitals of Cleveland / Case Western Reserve University Affiliate Program, Cleveland, OH
- June 2000 — General Surgery Internship and PGY 2-3 Residency (3 years), University Hospitals of Cleveland / Case Western Reserve University Affiliate Program Cleveland, OH
- May 1997 — Doctorate in Medicine (4 years), Baylor College Of Medicine, Houston, TX
- June 1992 — Biochemistry B.S., Magna Cum Laude (4 years), Trinity University, San Antonio, TX
Awards and Honors
- Red Ribbon Award for exemplary service to those living with HIV/AIDS (for extensive work administering Sculptra), San Francisco Medical Center/Kaiser Permanente — 2005
- Fulbright National Research Grant to Ecuador, South America — 1992
- Phi Beta Kappa — 1992
- Blue Key Honors Fraternity — 1990–92
- Mortar Board Honors Society — 1991–92
- Presidential Scholar — 1988–92
State Medical License
- California Active Physician and Surgeon’s California medical license (certificate no. A82437)
Publications and Research Presentations
- Mosser, SW Chapter 2: Suture Materials in Southwestern University Plastic Surgery Handbook, Janis, J ed., Submitted for publication
- Mosser, SW Chapter 39: Lip Reconstruction in Southwestern University Plastic Surgery Handbook, Janis, J ed., Submitted for publication
- Mosser, SW Chapter 76: Facelift in Southwestern University Plastic Surgery Handbook, Janis, J ed. Submitted for publication
- Matsuoka, H, Seto, M, Mosser, SW, Seitz, WH. Complications of Pin-Plate “Fragment Specific Fixation” for Distal Radius Fractures. Poster presentation at American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting New Orleans, LA, 2/5/03-2/9/03
- Mosser, SW, Guyuron, B, Janis, J, Rohrich, R. The Anatomy of the Greater Occipital Nerve: Implications on the Etiology of Migraine Headaches. Plast. Recon. Surg 113(2):693-7.
- Janis, J, Rohrich, R., Mosser, SW, Guyuron, B. Anatomy of the Greater Occipital Nerve- Implications regarding the Etiology and Treatment of Migraine Headaches”, presented at the 2002 Annual Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons Scientific Meeting, September 20th, 2002.
- Mosser, SW, Guyuron, B, Janis, J, Rohrich, R. The Anatomy of the Greater Occipital Nerve and Migraine Headaches. Presented at the Ohio Valley Plastic Surgery Society Annual Meeting, June 7, 2002
- Mosser, SW, Blinkhorn, R, Bernard, SB, Jordan, R, Malangoni, M Rapidly Growing Mycobacteria Infections: Support for Combined Surgical and Antibiotic Treatment. Presented at the Ohio Valley Plastic Surgery Society Annual Meeting, June 8, 2001.
- Friedman, J, Mosser, SW, Chapter 4: Closure Material in Operative Plastic Surgery, Evans, GR, ed. McGraw-Hill 1999.
- Evans, GR, Friedman, J, Shenaq, J, Mosser, SW Plantar flap reconstruction for acral lentiginous melanoma. Ann Surg. Onc. 1997;4(7):575-78.
- Friedman, J, Evans, G, Shenaq, J, Mosser, SW Reconstruction of Soft Tissue Defects Post Melanoma Resection: Experience with 114 Closures. Presented at American College of Surgeons Meeting, March 16, 1996 San Antonio, TX
- Di Maio, D, Mills, NS, Gum, A, Mosser, SW Attempted Synthesis of Hexamethyl Fulvene, Microchemical Journal 47:167-71, 1993
- California Pacific Medical Center — Full admitting privileges
- St. Mary’s Medical Center — Full admitting privileges
- St. Francis Medical Center — Full admitting privileges
- American Society of Plastic Surgery — Active Member