If you’re considering body contouring in San Francisco:
Surgical body contouring removes excess fat and skin. It improves the shape and tone of the tissue that supports your skin. The result is smoother body contours and a more normal appearance.
The specific procedures vary according to the region of the body, but they include:
- Brachioplasty (arm lift), which firms sagging upper arms.
- Facelift, which is commonly known and reduces sagging in the middle of the face, while firming jowls and the tissue around the neck.
- Thigh lift, which shores up sagging in the middle, outer, and inner thighs.
- Breast lift, which corrects the flattening and drooping of breasts.
- Lower body lifts, which can firm the abdomen, the buttocks, the groin, and the outer thighs.
- Tummy tuck, which corrects the apron of skin that hangs over the waistline.
During your consultation visit, Dr. Mosser will explain in detail these various body sculpting procedures. He’ll make recommendations and discuss what you can realistically expect from these procedures as well as the alternatives that are available to you.
Before you undergo any type of body contouring surgery, it’s crucial that your weight has stabilized within a reasonable range. If you continue to lose weight, for example, new sagging and unwanted contours can develop. If you rapidly regain lost weight, you can stress your skin, weakening it, and sometimes causing stretch marks and wide scars.
Dr. Mosser will work with you and your primary physician or your weight-reduction surgeon to see that your weight is sufficiently stable for body sculpting procedures. Meanwhile, there are other criteria you should consider:
- Do you have any medical conditions that could impair healing from body sculpting surgery?
- Are you a non-smoker?
- Are you committed to proper nutrition and a healthy lifestyle, including moderate amounts of physical exercise?
- Can you fully disclose your health history to Dr. Mosser, including current medications, your use of vitamin and herbal supplements, as well as your use of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs?
Dr. Mosser performs plastic surgery in several locations in San Francisco. Body contouring procedures may be scheduled for the surgery center at 450 Sutter in Union Square, as well as California Pacific Medical Center, St. Mary’s Medical Center, and St. Francis Memorial Hospital, all in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Learn more about Body Sculpting and Post Contouring Surgery Recovery.