Have you recently lost considerable weight and were disappointed to find a belt of excess skin or drooping tissue all the way around your lower abdomen and back area? You may be the ideal candidate for lower body lift surgery, also called a belt lipectomy.
This section will familiarize you with the procedure before you contact a Bay Area cosmetic surgeon. In this section, you will learn:
- The many ways a lower body lift can improve your appearance.
- What you can realistically expect from a belt lipectomy.
- Whether you’re a candidate for the procedure.
- How the body lift procedure is done.
Once you’ve reviewed the benefits and surgical procedures of a belt lipectomy, you’ll want to set up a consultation visit with Dr. Mosser in his San Francisco plastic surgery office to discuss your specific goals.
In this relaxed environment, he will be able to explain to you:
- Whether or not a lower body lift makes sense for you.
- The best options for your specific goals.
- The step-by-step procedure that you will undergo.
- The outcome you can reasonably expect along with risks and possible complications of belt lipectomy surgery.
- Alternatives worthy of your consideration.
This procedure may be an option when a tummy tuck or a buttock lift would not be enough to achieve the desired contours in the lower body. It lends itself to being performed at the same time as other plastic surgery procedures, such as a medial thigh lift, upper arm lift, or breast enhancement surgery. Again, Dr. Mosser decides with each patient how many procedures are appropriate to perform safely under one general anesthesia.
A surgical lower body lift reshapes and tones the tissue that supports body fat and skin. Lower Body Lift Surgery is the one procedure that can lift the buttocks, lift and smooth the lateral thighs, and tighten and flatten the tummy…all with one incision.
It is the most commonly requested single procedure among bariatric (weight loss) patients. In the process, excess fat and skin that has lost much of its elasticity are removed to give the body a more youthful shape and tone. Lower body lifts can also help with cellulite when it is related to excess skin.
Learn about the Best Candidates for a Lower Body Lift.