If you’re considering a forehead lift in San Francisco:
Your expression changes over time, even though your temperament and outlook on life may not. This is because furrows can develop in your forehead, giving an impression of anxiety or apprehension even when you’re relaxed and confident.
Your brow may droop; making you appear sad or tired even when you feel happy and vibrant. Many of these expressions become permanent through age, overactive muscles in the forehead and brow region, and simple heredity.
A brow lift, also called a forehead lift, corrects a sagging brow by smoothing furrows that have developed across the forehead. The result is an appearance that is more relaxed, confident, and youthful. This section will familiarize you with the brow lift procedure before you contact a San Francisco Bay Area cosmetic surgeon.
Here you will discover:
- What you can realistically expect from a brow lift surgery.
- Whether you’re a candidate for a brow lift.
- The best options and alternatives available to you.
- How the procedure is done.
Once you’ve reviewed the benefits and surgery entailed in a brow lift, you’ll want to set up a consultation visit with Dr. Mosser at his San Francisco plastic surgery office to discuss your specific goals.
In this relaxed environment, he will be able to explain to you:
- Whether or not a brow lift makes sense for you.
- The alternatives for meeting your specific goals.
- The step-by-step procedure that you will undergo.
- The outcome you can reasonably expect along with risks and possible complications.
A brow lift can improve the facial appearance between the upper eyelids to the scalp, extending laterally to the temples. It reduces lines and creases in the forehead and minimizes a sagging brow. The surgery entails multiple limited incisions hidden in the hairline—or through a single incision in the natural crease of your upper eyelids. Where there is excessive skin on the forehead, a technique using a long incision across the top of the scalp is often used.
Forehead lift incisions are typically closed with removable sutures, skin adhesives or special clips. In some cases, permanent sutures, small surgical screws, or an absorbable fixation device will be placed at the temples in order to maintain the new position of the brow.
A brow lift is often performed in conjunction with other procedures such as eyelid surgery or a face lift. Dr. Mosser’s San Francisco cosmetic surgery office offers a variety of rejuvenation techniques. In addition, the results of a brow lift can be enhanced with laser resurfacing or a chemical peel, which improves the tone and surface smoothness. Here are some of the benefits you can expect from a brow lift:
- Reduce furrows and other lines of aging in the forehead and brow areas, yielding a softer, more relaxed and less severe appearance.
- Raise eyebrows to a more youthful and engaged position.
- Subdue frown lines, the lateral creases between the eyebrows.
- Reduce the creases across the forehead as well as those that occur high on the bridge of the nose.
Learn about the Best Candidates for Browlift Surgery in San Francisco.