If you’re considering an eyelid lift or eyelid surgery in San Francisco:
The Youthful Gaze that Eyelid Lift Surgery Can Bring
We all want to express the way we’re feeling to those around us, and our eyes are the first and most important tool we use every day for non-verbal communication. However, because of aging or heredity, our eyes can actually deceive those around us.
Bags, puffiness and extra eyelid skin can lead others to believe we are sad, tired, angry, or in poor health when, in fact, we feel quite the opposite. Eyelid lift surgery can do wonders for restoring the youthful glow of your entire face. After all, your eyes invariably are the focus point for others.
Eyelid surgery corrects excess skin, tissue, and fat, which can give eyes a puffy, sometimes hollow look. The procedure is often applied to both upper and lower eyelids. The technical term for eyelid surgery is blepharoplasty.
San Francisco is home to Dr. Mosser’s cosmetic surgery practice, which can provide you with additional information about this procedure as well as many others. This section will familiarize you with eyelid surgery. Here you will discover:
- What you can realistically expect from eyelid lift surgery.
- Whether you’re a candidate for eyelid surgery.
- The best options and alternatives available to you.
- How the blepharoplasty procedure is done.
Once you’ve reviewed the benefits and details associated with an eyelid lift, you’ll want to set up a consultation visit with Dr. Mosser in his San Francisco plastic surgery office to discuss your specific goals. In this relaxed environment, he will be able to explain to you:
- Whether or not an eyelid lift makes sense for you.
- The alternatives for meeting your specific goals.
- The step-by-step procedure that you will undergo.
- The outcome you can reasonably expect along with risks and possible complications of an eyelid lift.
Aging is the most common cause for drooping, puffy eyes, though even very young people may have these conditions based on heredity. Eyelid lift surgery removes excess skin that can cause these effects. It repositions muscle and redistributes fat that has settled into contours. And it may sometimes remove excess skin.
These techniques eliminate bags and restore firmness to the areas surrounding the eyes. The result is a more alert and more rested appearance. Here are the key conditions that blepharoplasty can treat:
- Excess skin that extends from the upper eyelid, often impairing vision.
- Persistent bags under the eyes.
- Loose and sagging skin that hides the youthful contour of the upper eyelid.
- Excess skin and tiny wrinkles in the lower eyelid.
- Fatty deposits that give the appearance of puffiness.
- Drooping lower eyelids, which reveal the whites below the iris.
If a drooping brow or crows’ feet contributes to the aging appearance of your eyes, a brow lift may be more useful to meet your goals. In some cases, brow lift surgery is performed in conjunction with blepharoplasty.
San Francisco has several clinics that offer skin resurfacing procedures that can further improve the tone and surface to the skin surrounding the eye. These procedures are typically done after your eyelid lift surgery. Oftentimes blepharoplasty surgery is combined with a facelift to create an overall refreshed look.
Learn about the Best Candidates for Eyelid Lift Surgery in San Francisco.