If you’re considering a facial implant in the San Francisco Bay Area…
We can all see ways that small changes in facial contours might bring greater harmony and contrast to the face we present to others. When the lack of balance is great enough, it makes sense to modify the facial structure to bring harmony to the face.
Facial implants can often help bring about these changes. They can improve your appearance and can bolster your self esteem if a lack of balance has been troubling you. This section will familiarize you with the procedure before you contact a Bay Area cosmetic surgeon.
Here you will discover:
- What you can realistically expect from a facial implant.
- Whether you’re a candidate for having facial implants.
- The best options and alternatives available to you.
- The basics on how the facial implantation procedure is done.
Once you’ve reviewed the benefits and surgery associated with facial implants, you’ll want to set up a consultation visit with Dr. Mosser in his San Francisco plastic surgery office to discuss your specific goals. In this relaxed environment, he will be able to explain to you:
- Whether or not facial implants make sense for you.
- The alternatives for meeting your specific goals.
- The step-by-step procedure that you will undergo.
- The outcome you can reasonably expect along with risks and possible complications of facial implants.
Facial implants are made with a variety of substances, and Dr. Mosser will explain the benefits of the choice that is right for you. Sometimes it is important to consider other areas of the face that will affect the balance of the area being evaluated. For example, a patient may be troubled by his or her chin, but also benefit greatly from reshaping the nose in order to bring better proportion to his or her face.
On the other hand, an older patient may desire implants placed over her cheekbones to help render a more youthful appearance; implants can help fill out a face that appears tired or sunken. Quite often, facial-implant surgery takes place alongside other procedures, such as a face lift or eyelid surgery, technically called blepharoplasty. San Francisco is home to multiple surgery centers where Dr. Mosser performs these procedures.
Learn more about the Best Candidates for Facial Implants in San Francisco.