In today’s fiercely competitive job market, more men are seeking out cosmetic enhancement to give them a career boost. And while men are selecting some of the very same treatments women have embraced for years, they’re doing so for different reasons.
Laser Hair Removal
It’s not a huge surprise that especially in San Francisco; men are looking for faster, more efficient ways to get rid of unwanted hair. Laser hair removal has become a popular way to eliminate or thin out hair on the back, upper arms and chest.
• Best candidates: Laser hair removal technology will work for most patients. But generally speaking, the best candidates will have lighter skin and darker hair.
• How long it takes: Session times can vary, depending on the size of the treatment area. The majority of treatments can be completed in less than an hour.
• Final Results: Hair will begin to gradually fall out over the course of two weeks. Most patients require between four and six sessions to see a 70 to 80 percent reduction in hair growth.
Male Breast Reduction
Enlarged or over-developed breasts are common among men. As a result, male breast reduction – which removes excess skin, fat and glandular tissue – is becoming one of the fastest growing cosmetic procedures in San Francisco.
• Best candidates: Men who feel self-conscious about their chest. The best candidates will be healthy and possess a normal body weight.
• How long it takes: Surgery requires general or local anesthesia combined with sedation and will last at least one hour.
• Final Results: The final results will be permanent. Most patients need require at least a week off from work and other sedentary activities. More strenuous routines should be restricted for at least a week.
The chin is one of the first areas of the face to show signs of aging – which can be especially bothersome for men who value a strong jawline. Chin implants can quickly add balance and strength to a masculine profile.
• Best candidates: Men who desire a stronger jawline or more balanced facial features. The best candidates are also healthy and possess realistic expectations.
• How long it takes: Chin implants usually only require local anesthesia combined with sedation. Surgery is often completed in less than hour.
• Final Results: The final results are permanent and will be noticeable right away, but most patients need at least a week off from work and other daily activities to rest. Exercise and weight lifting should be avoided for at least a month.
Micro liposuction is a versatile procedure popular in San Francisco that can be used to clean up delicate problem areas like the neck or jawline, which can become lax because of excess fat or too much sun exposure. During micro liposuction, a small amount of fat is removed to contour the face and body.
• Best candidates: Candidates for micro liposuction desire to remove a small amount of fat in a targeted region. The best candidates are healthy and possess realistic expectations.
• How long it takes: Surgery usually only requires mild sedation and can be completed in less than an hour.
• Final results: The final results will be long lasting, if not permanent. Most patients require five to seven days off from work. More strenuous activities can be resumed in about a month.
If you’re considering laser hair removal, male breast reduction, micro liposuction, or chin implants in San Francisco, make sure to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.